Friday, January 15, 2010

Identity and fandom

...

1 comment:

  1. I remember hearing a friend sayting that to have a romantic relationship with others is actually having a relationship with your own fantasy.It sounds a little bit absurd to me at first however i begin to understand what it really means. Actually people always undestand the world in their own way. There's no way the other people can control what you really think inside your mind. Like you said, when you really love someone's poem,you just love the way you understand it. You participate in that poem the minute you read.So it's hard to say who is the fan.Your fans just want you to be the person in their fantasy however they may get disappointed because you are not them. I actually seldom use the term "fan of sb" because I don't think I'm pious enough.I like the word "appreciate" better. We can appreciate a lot of things and people and learn from them, gaining joy from them.But it's irresponsible to live our life and fantasy over them.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.